Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Snowpiercer

 I've been meaning to get around to Snowpiercer for years and I'm glad that I finally did.

Maybe I'd let the hype build up too much in my head or maybe I'd just seen the "I know what people taste like" scene lauded too many times, but that was actually kind of underwhelming.

The big train car hatchet fight was not underwhelming and was totally worth the rest of the film, but also the whole thing was just really watchable and engaging and extremely funny in places?

There was maybe a tiny bit too much melodrama in some spots, but overall it was great. 

Also it was just a visual treat from top to bottom. The grime was extremely grimy, the decadence was extremely decadent, the gore was extremely gory. I'm down. Looks great, fantastic. Would watch over and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment